Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cautiously Optimistic


I know what I said in my preview.  That crap notwithstanding, I still wound up watching the second half of today's game.  Wow, was it exciting!  I had two cups of coffee, put in 6000 yards in the pool, and got home in time to scream at my TV for forty-five minutes straight.

If you're wondering, I'm rocking a really heady mix of endorphins right now.

I hate to say it, but I liked most of what I saw at Beaver Stadium.  Army's defense has played well since the second half of the Fordham game, and they played exceptionally well today.  At the same time, the offense finally seems to have found its feet, and that's nothing short of a miracle.  Granted, they put the ball on the ground seven times today, losing three.  That ultimately cost them the game.  Still, almost every player on the offense is new this season, so it's not some huge surprise that they've struggled.  More to the point, today's quarterback has a tendency to put the ball on the turf.  He's a better thrower than is Ahmad Bradshaw but maddeningly inconsistent.

I'm ready to see what this team looks like when they put it all together.  They're close.

That's true, especially because the fullbacks are finally contributing.

Duke is at Michie Stadium next weekend.  I'll be there, and like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.  Duke has a better team than Penn State, but Army has a substantial home field advantage as well.

Here's hoping.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment