Swim Across the Sound

I'm signed up for a team for St. Vincent’s SWIM Across the Sound Marathon Swim.  It's an annual charity swimming race that supports cancer prevention, education and assistance programs.
St. Vincent's Swim Across the Sound.
If you didn't know, my entire family was killed by cancer.  Both my grandmothers, my grandfather, my mother, and Sally​'s father all died as a result of cancer, and my father got cancer but survived, though it was one of the critical elements in his later descent.  If you can help support this charity, I think it is a worthy cause.  For me, it's a uniquely personal cause.

Click here to support our team!

So.  There are five of us on the team, and we're swimming the width of Long Island Sound, from somewhere on Long Island to Captain's Cove in Bridgeport, CT.  It's a distance of 15.5 miles, swum in half hour increments.  I figure I'll probably wind up swimming somewhere between four and five miles, unless I get eaten by a shark or a kraken something like that.  Barring sea monsters, we ought to do well.

Thanks for your time and your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs