Today's Swim Workout

Haven't been feeling real great in the water this week.  Overall, I've been feeling tired this week.  This is Week 6 of my offseason training program, and I'm about ready for a break.  I've put in at least 100 points every week for the last six, and that's okay, but it's wearing on me a little.  Given that this is the offseason, that's not the plan.

I built today's practice with a bit of fatigue in mind.  I wanted to put in 3000 yards, but I did not want to turn it into a long, grinding style workout.

Warm Up
6 x 100 @ 1:30
200 kick

5 x 100 IM @ 1:40

5 x 200 pull @ 3:00

8 x 50 kick @ 1:05

2 x 100 @ 2:00
 --- fast but loose; ~85%

100 cool down

Total: 3000 yards

I haven't done IM in a long time, but this was a nice change of pace.  I should probably add in more stroke work, especially when I feel like I don't quite have my best stuff.  Similarly, the 200s pull accomplished the job of putting in bulk yardage without turning the set into a grind.

I went 1:08 and 1:10 on the 2 x 100 fast, holding my heartrate around 145.  I tried hard to stay long and work but not to commit full power.  It was a little like doing a couple of reps at 500 free race pace.

Ultimately, I feel like I got something out of today's workout, but I'm really looking forward to taking it easy next week.  I'm gonna run tomorrow and then bring it down for a couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Malvern Manor

D&D: Guinea Pigs & Were-Guinea Pigs