Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday News and Notes

Happy Saturday!
*** 

Scarlett followed me on Twitter this morning.  I'm now up to 175 followers, which means that soon I will be able to take over the world!  Mwhahahahaha!


You should totally follow me.
***


This is one of the reasons why I'm glad I live in Connecticut.  It's not that we don't have politics--we certainly do--but we're not a battleground state, so it keeps the insanity to a manageable level.

***

This is why I hate #Ebola.  We have two cases in a country of 350 million, and yet this story has pushed everything else right off the front page.

I'll be interested to see how this actually goes and whether or not these two sides can come to an agreement.  This thing in Hong Kong is potentially a watershed moment.  Is China going to honor its existing commitment to democracy and the rule of law, or is the PRC government a lot like my ex-wife, i.e. willing to say whatever it takes to get you to shut up right now, but unwilling to follow through on its commitments later.

Personally, I'm betting on the later.

***

I don't care who I go with, but I'd very much like to go.  Doesn't look like we're gonna make it this weekend, though.

I'm glad they finally made a movie about tankers.  It's long overdue.

***
That's all I've got.  Enjoy your weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment